A fun and in situ method to solicit the opinion of consumers in a district on their desire for a commercial location. A simple exercise consisting of placing a sticker that can be written on the windows of vacant stores on a street.
- Idea generation
Duration2 weeks in situ
Level of involvementinformant,
NumberGeneral public, users and consumers in a neighbourhood
Operational teamA graphic designer, a printer/applicator, a manager for collecting ideas
LocationOn the windows of vacant stores in a neighbourhood
Materials requiredSticker, indelible markers
AdvantagesDirect conversation with the consumer
Important pointsDo not leave the sticker too long at the risk of it being vandalized.
- Contact the operational team for the organization of the mission.
- Look for empty premises and contact the owners for authorization to display on a window
Mesurer les vitrines sélectionnéesMeasure the selected windows
The display cases must be measured to adapt the sticker to the correct format.
Layout the stickerDepending on the number of windows
The sticker must contain the following information: contact organization + question ("Write on the sticker the stores you want to see located here...... We will do the rest!") + Thank you + quick project brief
Print and apply the sticker with the felt and a fastening system
Take regular photos of the sticker in situ
Transmission of results
- Collecting and analysing the results: list all types of stores suggested by customers
- Compilation in a research folder
- (Write and publish a story on the subject)