Qualitative interview enabling us to understand the identity of a district from the point of view of specific stakeholders- district thematic experts. This interview is mainly functions as an identity analysis. It covers diverse themes concerning various facets of a retail district: urbanism, history, geography, economic development, etc.
- Data collection
Level of involvementinformant,
ProfileUsers of the district who represent the chosen theme
Operational team1 interviewer (+ 1 secretary)
LocationIdeally chosen by the participant
Materials requirednote paper, Dictaphone
AdvantagesEnables us to understand how the district is perceived on a personal level, enables us to collect original anecdotes.
Important pointsIn this highly qualitative approach, it is important to capture the attitude, body language and interviewee reactions to the questions, in addition to their responses. Non-verbal communication is just as important as what is said.
- Choose experts to interview, according to their occupation and profile
- Organise a meeting place
- Prepare note taking materials
- The moderator explains the background of the project to the participant
- The interviewer asks questions at an appropriate pace, allowing conversation to flow freely.
- The interviewer or the secretary takes notes on the conversation
Transmission of results
- Write up the notes
- Analyse the surveys and find points of convergence and divergence
- Produce a survey report
- Send a satisfaction questionnaire to the participants
- Optional: Produce and publish an article about the workshop